Each February the American Dental Association sponsors National Children’s Dental Health Month (NCDHM) to stress the importance of oral health. The ADA has provided a NCDHM resource page that includes downloads for children and caregivers.
Here are some other resources to help you promote this celebration and provide information for patients and caregivers.
- About.com: tips for maintaining oral health
- MedlinePlus: child dental health topics
- National Maternal and Oral Health Resource Center: resources to address public oral health issues
- Pediatric dentistry web sites: a comprehensive list of links to pediatric dental resources and organizations
- Printable brochure highlighting resources on the internet
Books at Bibby library:
- Paediatric dentistry / edited by Welbury, Duggal, Hosey, 2005
- Pediatric dentistry : infancy through adolescence /Pinkham , 2005
- Periodontal and gingival health and diseases : children, adolescents, and young adults / Bimstein, 2001
Journals at Bibby library:
- Journal of dentistry for children
- Pediatric dental journal
- Pediatric dentistry
- The Journal of clinical pediatric dentistry