Tools to Alert You When your Works are Cited
My Cited Articles List, a tool within the ISI Web of Knowledge database, will send an email to the author each time his or her work is cited in another article. Note that this feature pertains only to articles indexed in the ISI databases.
To register, follow these steps:
- Access Web of Science. Note: URMC affiliates must have a library account to access off-site.
- Select one of the ISI Web of Knowledge databases to search.
- In the “search for” box, enter last name and first initial. Select “in author” from the drop menu. Click search.
- From the results, select the title of the article you wish to be alerted on.
- A new window opens. On the right side, click “Create Citation Alert“
- Follow the instructions for confirming your alert.
Another product, CiteAlert from Elsevier, will automatically email an author when their work is referenced in a new article. This service is only for articles published since 2005, in selected dental journals.