Are you looking for reliable drug information, fast? Here are some suggestions:
- If you are a URMC affiliate you have access to Micromedex, a clinical database that provides comprehensive drug summaries, drug comparisons, images for easier identification, and allows you to look up drug interactions. To access, select the Micromedex link on the Bibby library website. To use the database from your hand held phone, go to http://www.thomsonhc.com/micromedex2/librarian and log in with your URMC email credentials.
- DailyMed: a free website containing information on over 9000 drugs for health information providers and the public. Site is provided by the National Library of Medicine.
- MedlinePlus:learn about prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines. Includes side effects, dosage, special precautions, and more. Also from the National Library of Medicine.
In addition to these electronic databases, Bibby library owns the following drug information books. They may be borrowed by URMC affiliates for two weeks.
- ADA/PDR Guide to Dental Therapeutics
- Applied pharmacology for the dental hygienist
- Drug information handbook for dentistry, Lexi-Comp
- Pharmacology and therapeutics for dentistry
Finally, if you use an iPhone or iTouch, check out these apps:
- FDA Drugs
- Little Dental Drug Book
- Skyscapte RxDrugs