Today is World AIDS Day. An annual event that began in 1988, World AIDS Day unites people in the fight against HIV.
Here are a few resources dental professionals can use to assist in managing patients with Aids.
- Oral Health and HIV: An overview of common oral conditions and conditions found more often in people with HIV, by David I. Rosenstein, D.M.D., M.P.H.
- Oral Manifestations of HIV: picture gallery
- Oral Manifestations of HIV: case studies and tutorial
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Community Based Dental Partnership Program
- HIV/Aids and Oral Health: Information from the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research
- HIV/Aids and Oral Health: An overview from the World Health Organization with links to Policy for Prevention of Oral Manifestations in HIV/AIDS, A guide for epidemiological studies of oral manifestations of HIV infection and Strengthening the prevention of HIV/AIDS-related oral disease: a global approach
- Principles of Oral Health Management for the HIV/AIDS Patient — A Course of Training for the Oral Health Professional
- Abstracts of review articles pertaining to Aids and Oral Health