March 4, 2011
Bibby Library celebrates Dental Assistants Recognition week.
This event is a joint effort of the American Dental Assistants Association, the American Dental Association, the Canadian Dental Assistants Association and the Canadian Dental Association to acknowledge and recognize the Dental Assistant.
If you are an Eastman Institute for Oral Health Dental Assistant, we hope you’ll stop in to Bibby Library to pick up your free Bibby Library pen and information packet, and even some candy. You will also find a variety of resources and services available to you.
For example, you may wish to look a the following books:
- Torres and Ehrlich modern dental assisting / Doni L. Bird, Debbie S. Robinson.
- Essentials of dental radiography for dental assistants and hygienists / Orlen N. Johnson, Evelyn M. Thomson.
Or, scan this list of selected internet resources pertaining to careers in dental assisting.
If you use an iPhone or iTouch, be sure to check out this comprehensive list of apps for dental professionals and patients.
Finally, please feel free to chat with us about your information needs and how we can help you keep up to date with your profession.
Happy Dental Assistants Week to you!
May 14, 2009
Bibby library has the following books from the DANB list of suggested resources for the dental assistant board exam.
- Torres and Erlich Modern Dental Assisting/ WU 90 B618t 2009
- Essentials of clinical dental assisting / Joseph E. Chasteen. WU 90 C489e
- Dental materials : properties and manipulation/ WU 190 C886d 2004
- The dental hygienist’s guide to nutritional care/ WU 113 D262d
- Mosby’s dental drug reference/ QV 50 M894
- Clinical aspects of dental materials : theory, practice, and cases/ WU 190 C641 2004
- Dental management of the medically compromised patient / WU 29 L778d 2008
- Medical emergencies in the dental office /WB 105 M236m 2007
- Diet and nutrition in oral health/ WU 113.7 P173d 2007
- Control of nitrous oxide in dental operatories /WA 754 M145 1994
- Infection control & management of hazardous materials for the dental team/WU 29 M647i 2005
- Essentials of dental radiography for dental assistants and hygienists/ WN 230 J68e 2007
- Principles of dental imaging/WN 230 L282p 2002
- Radiation protection in dentistry/ WN 230 R129 2003 and online
These items may be borrowed for two weeks.
You may also wish to check out these resources, available on the internet:
Good luck on your exams!
March 7, 2008
3M ESPE in association with PennWell Corporation and Dental Assisting Digest, are supporting the 1st Annual Innovative Dental Assistant of the Year Award.
This award will recognize one dental assistant who has:
• Proven to be an asset to the dental team
• Displayed superb chair side skills
• Demonstrated exceptional patient communication skills
The Innovative Dental Assistant of the Year will be:
• Recognized during a special presentation with an award from 3M ESPE at the Professional Dental Assisting Conference in Norfolk in April, 2008
• Announcement featured within the July 2008 issue of Dental Economics and the new Dental Assisting e-newsletter
• Provided with free registration to the 2008 Professional Dental Assisting (valued at over $200.00), a free 1 year membership to the American Dental Assisting Association (valued at $200.00), hotel accommodations and attendance to a special presentation at the PDA
Submit this form to nominate your favorite dental assistant.
February 29, 2008
March 2-8 is Dental Assistant’s Recognition Week!
Each March, a special week is set aside to acknowledge the unique talents of dental assistants. This year, the theme is One Team, One Goal: Improving Oral Health.
The following is a list of resources to help you learn more about the profession and recognize the Dental Assistants you work with: