April 30, 2014
April brings spring showers, and we have a few new titles at Bibby. They’re all shelved in Bibby New Books.
Open-Bite Malocclusion: Treatment and Stability. 1st edition from Wiley Blackwell.
Manual of Temporomandibular Disorders. 3rd edition from Wiley Blackwell.
Bell’s Oral and Facial Pain. 7th edition
Pharmacology & Therapeutics for Dentistry. 6th edition.
Orofacial Pain: A clinician’s guide.
December 1, 2010
Did you know the University of Rochester libraries subscribe to a variety of electronic books in medicine, dentistry, and other health related areas?
You can access these books on site, or off site with your URMC email account. Each interface provides options for printing, saving or emailing contents of the book.
The full list of dental titles is available here.
July 7, 2009
Eastman Institute’s Dr. Leonard Fishman has published a chapter in the new book “Current Therapy in Orthodontics“. Fishman’s chapter pertains to cephalomorphic and biological approaches to diagnosis and treatment.
According to Elsevier, the publisher, the book “addresses the evolving science of orthodontics as it relates to optimal patient therapy and care.”
Current Therapy in Orthodontics is available at Bibby library. URMC affiliates may borrow it for two weeks.
May 14, 2009
Bibby library has the following books from the DANB list of suggested resources for the dental assistant board exam.
- Torres and Erlich Modern Dental Assisting/ WU 90 B618t 2009
- Essentials of clinical dental assisting / Joseph E. Chasteen. WU 90 C489e
- Dental materials : properties and manipulation/ WU 190 C886d 2004
- The dental hygienist’s guide to nutritional care/ WU 113 D262d
- Mosby’s dental drug reference/ QV 50 M894
- Clinical aspects of dental materials : theory, practice, and cases/ WU 190 C641 2004
- Dental management of the medically compromised patient / WU 29 L778d 2008
- Medical emergencies in the dental office /WB 105 M236m 2007
- Diet and nutrition in oral health/ WU 113.7 P173d 2007
- Control of nitrous oxide in dental operatories /WA 754 M145 1994
- Infection control & management of hazardous materials for the dental team/WU 29 M647i 2005
- Essentials of dental radiography for dental assistants and hygienists/ WN 230 J68e 2007
- Principles of dental imaging/WN 230 L282p 2002
- Radiation protection in dentistry/ WN 230 R129 2003 and online
These items may be borrowed for two weeks.
You may also wish to check out these resources, available on the internet:
Good luck on your exams!
December 22, 2008
Bibby library has acquired the 2009-2010 edition of the American Dental Association’s (ADA) Current Dental Terminology along with “The cdt Companion“.
These reference materials will assist staff when applying dental code to clinical situations. Included are practice scenarios to help develop coding skills, a glossary, and a question and answer section.
The books are available to borrow for two weeks and are located in Bibby library’s book stacks.
December 10, 2008
The American Dental Association has donated an entire set of practice management and marketing resources to the Eastman Dental Center.
The collection includes approximately 20 publications covering all aspects of running a dental practice.
These materials are shelved in Bibby library and may be borrowed for two weeks. We hope you will enjoy these valuable resources.