November 12, 2012
These smartphone and tablet apps will help you study for your dental boards. Good luck!
- Flashcard Study System for the CDA exam (39.99) test questions on the Certified Dental Assistant Examination.
- 1000 Dental Flashcards & Quiz ($1.99) Learn more than 1000 terms and concepts for the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) certification test to become a Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) or Certified Orthodonitic Assistant (COA).
DENTAL SCHOOL (DAT)
- DAT Dental Exam (.99) Practice exam to help dental professionals to prepare for the Dental Admission Test by the American Dental Association.
- Dentist Exam ($1.99) Dental Admission Test (DAT) is a multiple-choice standardized exam taken by potential dental school students in the United States and Canada
- Dentistry Review (3.99) study and memorize terms, words and definitions for the Dental Admission Test
Bibby Library has an extensive print collection of board study materials and also maintains a list of all dental related apps.
February 6, 2009
Here is a list of the ten most popular books at Bibby library. Affiliates of the UR are permitted to check our books out for two weeks.
- Contemporary implant dentistry / Carl E. Misch.
- ITI treatment guide / editors : D. Buser, U. Belser, David Wismeijer.
- Contemporary orthodontics / William R. Proffit with Henry W. Fields … [et al.].
- National Board examinations reprints : test packet I-J / American Student Dental Association.
- Dental anatomy, physiology, and occlusion / Major M. Ash Jr., Stanley J. Nelson.
- Phillips’ science of dental materials / [edited by] Kenneth J. Anusavice.
- Essentials of facial growth / Donald H. Enlow, Mark G. Hans.
- Ten Cate’s oral histology : development, structure, and function / [edited by] Antonio Nanci.
- First aid for the NBDE. Part II / [edited by] Jason E. Portnof, Timothy Leung.
- Mosby’s review for the NBDE part 1 / edited by Frank Dowd.
May 15, 2008
Beginning January 1, 2010, candidate performance on Part I, Part II, and the Dental Hygiene examination will be reported to candidates, state boards, and dental schools only as pass or fail. The decision was made at the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations’ meeting on March 11-12, 2008. The Commission also decided that standard scores will no longer be developed or reported. Further, they will continue to report raw score performance information in the disciplines covered on the examinations for failing candidates only.
For additional information see:
February 14, 2008
We have relocated our exam resources to the book stacks for easier browsing. These resources include test packets from 1979-present.
Here is a list of exam materials housed in Bibby library:
1979 PART II-1
1980 PART II-B
1981 Part I B and C
1981 PART I-D
1982 PART I-E
1983 PART II-E
1983 PART I
1984 PART II
1985 PART I-F
1986 Part II-G
1986 PART I-G
1987 PART II-H
1987 PART II-H
1987 PART I-G
1989 PART II-I
1991 TEST PACK II-J
1996 Section B
Books @ Bibby Library:
First aid for the NBDE. Part II, 2008. WU 18.2
Mosby’s review for the NBDE part 1, 2007. WU 18.2
Read dental liscensure postings on this blog.
Browse a list of links to dental licensing agencies and resources.